Followers

Saturday 27 April 2013

Stamping With The Dragon challenge "Spring has sprung "

Hi everyone I hope that you are all well and happy! Have you anything nice planned for the weekend? I am hoping that this weekend my craft room will be finally ready to move into, I cant wait im so excited!
Its Challenge time over at Stamping With The Dragon and today I have to share with you a heart shaped box that I have altered. I have really enjoyed doing it and it was my first time using Modge Podge  & im quite pleased with the results.
 




 
Goodies Used
Base: Large heart shaped box lined with a lovely purple felt on the inside.
Covering: I covered both the lid and the base of the box with papers from the gorgeous Spring In Bloom colection.
Flowers: Rough torn spirals of paper from the Spring In Bloom collection & rolled up to create the roses.
Die Cuts: Printed card butterflies from my stash and bird cage given to me by the lovely Fiona Crisp. I sprayed the bird cage with pink shimmer spray by Dawn Bibby.
Ribbon:  6mm sage green ribbon from my stash that i tied into a bow every 6cm and wove around the roses.
Pearls: String pearls from my stash placed around the edge of the lid.
I used Modge Podge to glue the felt to the inside of the lid and base of the box, the papers to the outside and finished the whole thing off with a final layer all over, it has given it a lovely subtle sheen. I highly recomend it.
We would love for you to pop over to the blog and enter the challenge this fortnight there is a fab prize on offer for the winner and you know what they say " you gotta be in it to win it "! and why not come and see us at the Stamping Dragon Facebook group where theres lots of laughter,crafty chat & fun challenges to be found.
 
Links
Stamping With The Dragon Challenge blog
 
Stamping With The Dragon Facebook group
 
Stamping With The Dragon shop
 
The Design Team Blogs
 

 
Well thats about it for the moment everyone. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit, as always its very very much apreciated.
HAPPY CRAFTING!
Hugs
Tina
XXXX
 
 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

Sheila said...

A beautiful box, great for any gift x

Unknown said...

this is really lovely hun very pretty i love love love it

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Tina. I love the beautiful embellishments on the lid.
Hugs
Linda xx

Sylvia said...

Very pretty box, love the fabulous embellishments and beautiful purple lining inside.

Sylv xx
Crafty Bloggers Network DT

Kate M said...

Fabulous box - decorated beautifully - love it!!
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous heart Tina beautiful made.

greetings karin

jane stillman said...

Absolutely fabulous, such gorgeous detail x

Hello said...

Oh wow Tina this is absolutely stunning hun...love the colours and all the beautiful flowers too.
xx

Miradormakings said...

Oh this is so beautiful, the papers are gorgeous.

Joan x

Im just me - Marleen said...

A fantastic box hun. Turned our really beautiful xx

Laine said...

Such a fabulous box with lots of lovely design detail.
Laine
xx

Sall said...

Ohhh that is very elegant I adore it and a huge thank you for explaining mod podge is a glue I've always wondered what it was.

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous Tina, love it. The colours are so soft and pretty.....I have a box like this just crying out for altering ;-)

morentin1326 said...

ooh, very nice... love your creation, so perfect for mother's day (my love purple)...came on over from the SSD blog ladder... new follower... can't wait to see your next creation...

Angela said...

Hi Tina,

wonderful altered art here. Thinking outside the box(geddit?) Great idea for the DT project. Love the blog.
Angela

mand said...

So beautiful, love it! Amanda x